Invitation-Only Event Helps Women in Entertainment Take Charge and Face Life’s Curveballs
As part of its over 90-year commitment to the well-being of the entertainment community, MPTF (Motion Picture & Television Fund) announced its second annual “Deal With It: Today,” A Women’s Conference to be held on September 21 at the Montage in Beverly Hills. This year’s day-long program features keynote presentations by actress and best-selling author Sandra Tsing Loh and best-selling author, screenwriter and producer Delia Ephron, as well as panels with leading experts in career reinvention, wellness, elder care, patient advocacy, estate planning, wealth management, and more.
“We believe there is no other resource of its kind where women in the entertainment industry can convene for a day of thoughtful dialogue, information gathering, networking, and life-changing insights,” says MPTF CEO Bob Beitcher. “Providing the resources and inspiration to tackle issues most important to this group is at the heart of Deal With It.”
The invitation-only event offers 13 breakout panels and a roster of more than 40 experts, best-selling authors, and inspiring speakers. Some topics of vital importance to those attending include:
- Aging Parents: How to stay sane, make the best choices, and care for them (and yourself)
- Encore Careers: Learn how to discover your passion and reinvent yourself
- Preparing for Loss: Crucial things you need to do ahead of time
- The 4 Health Issues that Concern Us the Most: Heart disease, Alzheimer’s, breast cancer and hormones
- When Serious Illness or Hospitalization Strikes: Learn how to ask the right questions and get the vital information you need
- Show Me My Money! How to ensure your finances, insurance, and retirement assets are in perfect order
“Women who are tasked with the demands of busy careers are often very successful at what they do, but ill prepared for life’s curveballs,” explains conference producer Madelyn Hammond of Madelyn Hammond & Associates. “This conference is designed to help them prepare and learn how to best deal with these challenges so they can stay at the top of their game in all aspects of their lives.”
Corporate and media sponsors of the event include: UCLA Health, SAG-AFTRA, Select Medical, Cedars-Sinai, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP, U.S. Trust, DLA Piper, Providence Health & Services, PwC, Heller Capital Resources, Huff/Post 50, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, and Deadline Hollywood.
For more information about the conference, including a complete list of speakers and descriptions of sessions, visit mptf.com/deal-with-it-today.